Volunteer of the Year
To Shannon Hall, the first-ever recipient of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana Volunteer of the Year award, volunteering is a way to make a direct impact in your community.
“I’ve had amazing experiences, learned new skills, expanded my knowledge, formed a wonderful network of friends, and learned so much more about my community,” she said. “I have a sense of pride for doing something good and paying it forward.”
Shannon is a project leader in our quality assurance department and was recognized for the amazing work she does in the community and for representing BCBSMT in a positive, uplifting way while inspiring others to do the same. She has been actively volunteering for more than 20 years.
“I think we all agree that Shannon exemplifies everything we want to see in our Volunteer of the Year,” said BCBSMT President Mike Frank at a surprise celebration for Shannon to announce the award. Along with the well-deserved recognition from coworkers and friends, BCBSMT donated $1,000 to Shannon’s charity of choice, the United Way of the Lewis and Clark Area.
Shannon demonstrates the spirit of volunteerism through her selfless commitment to paying it forward and giving back to her community and has a longstanding history of sharing her time with others.
Below are some of her volunteer highlights:
• Blood donor for 20+ years
• Governor’s Cup volunteer for 20+ years
• American Cancer Society Relay for Life Team Member
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters fundraising team
• Florence Crittenton fundraising team
• Helena Chamber of Commerce volunteer and former Volunteer of the Year
• Helena Lions Swim Team board member
• Longstanding United Way board member and volunteer